Breakdance (also known as B-boying, B-Girling or Breaking) is one of the four basic elements of “hip-hop”. Since 1980, the dance has been known by the media as “break dancing” and since then it is very popular. Many break dance video documentaries, tutorials, and films have been produced over the years. Whether you are already familiar with or new to art, you will never stop learning and there are some wonderful break dance videos that you must watch.
As a start, which break dance video should you watch?
If you are a newcomer and do not know where to start, then Break Dance Tutorial Video (which is available in DVDs and even VHS) are the best places to go. The videos that will help you to get the most out of starting, include titles such as “Breakdown Step-by-Step” (2005) and “Learn to Breakdance: Completely Street Instructional” (2006). These step-by-step videos are professionally produced and present some of the top break dancers (or b-boy) of the world in the past and present.
In these tutorial videos, trainers will teach you the basic fundamental steps of the dance. They do not guide you in every way, they also give you specific techniques and warm-ups to protect you from injuries. So when you come for more advanced moves, then your body will be fully air-conditioned to take stricter moves.
What are the components of the dance?
There are six basic components to dance, which will be taught to you by these world-class B-boys. Components include top rock, drops, footwork, groundwork and crowd favorite – electric tricks and freeze.
1. Top Rocks – Including Straight Standing It includes several basic steps and hand movements. This component of dance allows dancers to join the music.
2. Drops – Dance on top is a transitional move to dance on the floor. There are several basic ways to execute a drop such as moves known as “front sweep” or “knee drop”.
3. Footwork – A person is required to dance in a different position with hands and feet touching on the floor. It is one of the basic elements of art and is a place where a person can express his musicality.
4. Groundwork – Dancer is included to rotate, while his whole body runs on the ground. This allows the dancer to go further down and transition into power moves. The “back rocks” and “worms” are common examples of groundwork moves.
5. Electricity moves – essentially spinning moves. The most famous power moves include head-spins, windmill, backspin, turtle, flare. These are the hardest to learn till now but they are also the most popular. In recent times, these steps have developed for a lot of athletic and air exercises.
6. Freeze – There are movements where the person arrives at the full “freeze”. Traditionally done on the ground, the freeze is now usually performed with air in the body, while supported by their hands or head. They were originally referred to as “power moves” because they needed a lot of strength to perform.
Worried you will not be able to do tricks?
These break dance video will go deeper into each of these tutorials. Instructors break each step in simple steps that virtually anyone can. From there, they will teach you about the creation of moves and ultimately will be involved in more advanced moves that will definitely affect your friends and family.
so what are you waiting for? Start from today and you will be surprised how far you will be learning from these amazing videos. It is not only fun to develop a new trick as a dancer, but dance video is also a great expression in itself and is a great way to stay fit.